Monday, June 15, 2009

Tickling the Ivories


How sweet it is.... my baby girl started piano lessons last week! I am so excited for her! She has been asking about piano for nearly 2 years now, and we finally found a great teacher who's not too far away from us. Here she is at the baby grand! (Sorry for the poor photo quality; I haven't remembered to take my camera anywhere lately, so it's been iPhone photos galore!)
I guess I'm extra happy about Jaiden being interested in piano because I started playing piano at age 5. I can't say that I remember much about that time in my life. Who knows what I was playing back then... in the early '80's!?!? YIKES! What I do know is that I wasn't too fond of practicing. And I also know that I "fooled" my teacher for a while. Instead of reading music, I just played everything by ear. Not a good plan. At any rate, Mom made me keep practicing, and I'm glad I did. I took lessons through most of high school and started writing my own music about that time. Of course, nowadays I rarely tickle the ivories anymore. Staying busy doing everything else keeps me from that! Too bad, too...'cause I know I'm out of practice (literally). Very rusty, indeed. Maybe I can just learn again along with Jaiden! ;)

No comments: