Monday, January 5, 2009

Hi... I'm Cupcake, and I'll be your hostess...





Just for fun, I thought I'd post about my neighbor (the creative, cake-decorating expert) and I (the impatient icing globber) giving some tricky little Christmas "snowglobe cupcakes" a whirl!
She and I drooled over these intricately decorated cupcakes in a cupcake-decorating book, and we decided that we needed to make a few for some upcoming Christmas parties. Well, a few was quite enough! We followed the "directions" for the tree, the snowman and the house, and then we totally made up the rest of the designs on a whim -- or a joke! (The reindeer came to be after playing around with a tootsie roll! Oh, yeah... and the cupcake on the far left is a Christmas present. We were a bit cross-eyed and delirious by the time we worked on that one, so no poking fun!)
I think they turned out pretty darn cute. Of course, we never got to try them. So, who knows if they tasted as good as they looked?!?

No comments: