Monday, February 2, 2009

Following in Mommy's... basketball shoes!





You have no idea how thrilled I am that my little girl is playing basketball! This is her very first time to play the game, so it's been a very... uh, interesting experience thus far! Not only has she had to learn all the rules -- from scratch -- she is the only girl on her team (and one of the few girls in the whole league)! But she gets to play with our neighbor, Colt. And she's having a great time. And she's really good! If only she would toughen up a bit and go after the ball! While she excels at home and does quite well in practice, she gets a bit distracted on the court. Of course, so do most of the kids! They're only 4-, 5- and 6-year-olds, after all! But I guarantee that my little Jaiden is the only one out there swinging her ponytail from side to side and doing ballerina twirls between throwing those hands up on defense and hustling down the court! And so far, she's the only one who's run out to Mommy to give her a hug... during the middle of a game! :)
Go, Number 22!

(For the record, I did play basketball as #22 for a bit, but, ultimately, I ended up with #44. So, Jaiden is about half of me right now!)

No comments: