Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Had Some Extra Paint...

We have an eensy weensy little hall bath. I mean, it's small. And while it definitely serves its purpose, I can't say I've ever been proud to show people to this WC! :) So I decided to paint it. Well, let me clarify: I decided to do a decorative paint technique in there. I figured, it's small. It won't be that big of a deal! It won't take long!

Well, it didn't take too long (about 3 1/2 hours last Saturday morning). But it was a bit more "involved" than I'd planned.

I taped it all off first, of course. Then I searched the internet for a technique that would work for this little space and for what supplies I had on hand. I did not want to repaint the whole bathroom. I simply wanted to use the extra paint we had already to spruce things up in there!

So I went for the "ragging" technique. I already had the "base coat." All I had to do was scrunch up a rag, dip it in the paint and tap it on the wall, using different angles and such. Of course, my arm almost fell off, especially when I painted the ceiling using the same technique! AGH!

BUT...I think it turned out great!

And although you can't really appreciate it in these photos, here is a BEFORE...


and an AFTER...


and another shot of the sink area!


4 comments:

Jaci Spain said...

Wow, great job Beth! It looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Wow, Bravo Beth! It looks great. Let me know if you want more tips and advises on techniques.
Keep the good work rolling :)

~Amanda~ said...

The bathroom looks great!! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Random ? where did you get the toilet paper holder in the pic?

Terri Watson