Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sean's Xbox 360 birthday cake

I hate fondant. It's aesthetically pleasing, but it's one of those things that you discreetly peel off and shove under your napkin so you don't actually have to eat it. Yuck.

At least, that's how I used to think.... until a friend of mine (and master cake decorator) introduced me to marshmallow fondant. YUM! This stuff is GREAT! Nothing like its waxy, tasteless counterpart! :)

That being said, I decided to try the recipe for marshmallow fondant out myself so I could create an XBox 360 cake (and controller) for Sean's birthday. And I will never - make - fondant - (of any kind) - again! That was the stickiest, messiest most diastrous event in my baking career! I literally had crisco, cornstarch and marshmallows EVERYWHERE! The counter. The floor. My hands. My wedding ring. My hair. My clothes. Even the ceiling!!!

I hope it was worth it...!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's adorable!!!

...even the ceiling????

Talented...