Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Did I mention Fran was here!?


Since I seem to be talented at NOT posting things in a sensible, timely manner, I figured it would be fitting to blog a little about Fran's recent visit to Birmingham (recent, as in three months ago!).
To fill in some details, briefly: Fran and I have been best friends for over 22 years... and most of that friendship has taken place over hundreds of miles, since she moved to Connecticut about a year or so after we met! Over these few decades, we have been through mini golf madness, late-night conversations, hysterical laughter, weird sicknesses, travels, births, deaths, scary movies, marriages, divorces, broken "boom boxes," dog barfing incidents... wow -- let's just say a LOT of stuff (and not necessarily in that order)! And it's always so much fun to get together and pick back up wherever we left off the last time!
Fran was here most recently to take photos at FarmLinks Golf Club. She is an amazing photographer, and this was a unique opportunity to get her to take some shots where I work! But it was also a great opportunity for us to get updates, eat out at fun places, watch dumb things on TV, laugh until we cry and just have fun being friends.

(Oh, and BTW: be very glad I did not post a photo of Fran and me from those "good ole days." If you're a child of the 80's, you know exactly what I mean... and that's exactly why I'm not going to go there!)

1 comment:

Fran Babij said...

How is it I never saw this post until just now? LOL, geez.......now who's behind?
You've always been my blessing from God, and always will be. Love you sis!
Phil 1:3