Monday, August 24, 2009

Yeah... we had birthdays, too!

Oops! I am just now getting around to some photos that were on my mom's camera and figured, hey -- better late than never, right?!

At any rate, I just wanted to post a few pics from my birthday (which was in June) and Sean's birthday (which was in July) before we got around to September, Christmas, the new baby or even next year's birthday events! Ha-ha!

For my birthday, my family and I ended up going to Ragtime Cafe for lunch.

And it was so delicious! I had a huge grilled chicken salad, and Jaiden and I even munched on crab claws -- and we BOTH liked them! Sean also surprised me with flowers, delivered to our house. (In fact, he had to come up with some excuses to stall going to lunch because the flowers hadn't arrived... I was pretty hungry, unaware that beautiful flowers were on their way, and wondering why in the world we were just waiting around so long to go eat!)


For Sean's birthday, I once again cooked up a little surprise. On a Sunday, 3 days before his actual birthday, I convinced him that I was craving Chinese food. So we went out to eat at one of our favorite places, Mandarin House, only to "discover" a few tables full of family and friends waiting for our arrival!




My friend, Season, made the lawnmower cake based on a silly idea I found online. It turned out AWESOME! (Yes, that is a cake! The red lawnmower body and the "grass" cupcakes (complete with gummy worms) are all edible, of course! But we used a "real" toy lawnmower for the wheels and for the handle and "motor."



And Sean opened some silly "joke" presents that I labeled "things every lawn professional needs to be successful." For example, in this picture, Sean has a hat and some safety glasses (for protection, of course) as well as a box of band-aids, rainbow colored, for any major injuries that might occur on the job.

To name a few other items, he also got a "lawnmower repair kit" (AKA super glue) for those quick fixes and some "heavy-duty sponges" (AKA Brillo pads) for getting all the dirt off after a hard day!

Both birthdays were super fun and deserved a little recognition, no matter how late!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy birthday, both of you!!! Looks like a great time was had by all!