Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Archery for Blondes

I am definitely not an archery expert; I only wrote a book about it! (Ha-ha! Really. Go buy it!) And sad but true, this was my first attempt at shooting a compound bow. Now, I've practiced with and pulled many a compound bow -- at 50 pounds or less -- but I've never actually had an arrow to shoot.... (Those who know me well, know that I am really bad -- aka "accident prone" -- with fire and sharp things.) And I've never actually shot right-handed either. I 'm one of those weirdos: I am right handed but left-eye dominant... which makes for an interesting shot (to say the least).
At any rate, as you can see, I hit that silly plastic deer! (Look closely -- the arrow is sticking in its neck!) Hey -- that deer was threatening us with its fierce, artificial gaze. I did a service to the community -- and to everyone in the immediate area -- by taking down that crazed synthetic creature!

No comments: