Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Jaiden's 4th Birthday... and the Beginning of the Hello Kitty Obsession


My little girl is 4.... (Well, she's 4 years and nearly 3 months old by the time of this writing)... and I thought I would take a moment to ponder that.
4.... I honestly don't remember 4. At all. So I wonder how much of this she'll recall!

One thing is for sure... the "Hello Kitty Obsession" rages on. I guess it all started when J and I went to Target to pick out birthday party items. We came across the huge Hello Kitty selection -- from pink, feathery Hello Kitty pillows and glittery stickers to flower-shaped bubble bottles and Japanese-style Hello Kitty lanters.... Jaiden was hooked. You can see in the picture that she's blowing out candles on her Hello Kitty cake. (That's Corinne, Sean's sister, giving her a lift up to the table!) There were also Hello Kitty plates, Hello Kitty napkins, Hello Kitty bags, Hello Kittty bubbles, Hello Kitty t-shirts, Hello Kitty shoes and several Hello Kitty-themed presents. And now Jaiden thinks EVERYTHING should be Hello Kitty. She told me she's having a "Hello Kitty birthday for Christmas after she has Hello Kitty pizza and Hello Kitty cupcakes and plays in the Hello Kitty jumpy place." Hmmmm... Should I be concerned?!? The weird thing is, I went through a Hello Kitty stage myself. Yep, I bought those silly, overpriced Hello Kitty lollipops and the notebooks with pencils so skinny and small you couldn't really write with them.
Well, I guess it could be worse. She could be into Barney or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or the Power Rangers or something!

No comments: