Monday, October 9, 2006

I don't really remember...


Yep. That's actually me in the picture, shoving some random flower in my nose. You see, I've been pondering the whole "what-will-Jaiden-rememember-when-she-gets-older?" thought, and it's giving me a migraine! I remember very few things from my pre-Alabama days (up 'til age 9)...
Let's see, there was…
* watching the snowflakes -- illuminated by the street lamp outside my window -- falling on Christmas Eve night as I anticipated the arrival of Santa...
* staring at the hideous orange, yellow and green "psycho mushrooms" on the wallpaper in my bedroom...
* playing with Wally (the stuffed walrus) that I accidentally left behind at the grocery store (I got him back... and I still have him somewhere)...
* baking cookies with mom, or, actually, sneaking big globs of raw cookie dough when she wasn't paying attention…
* racing down the hill on my tricycle until it tipped over (then I was skidding down the hill on my right arm and elbow!)…
* trick-or-treating in a plastic Strawberry Shortcake costume that tied in the back like a bib…
* listening to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and thinking it was really good…
* eating those weird, sour, chalk-like lollipops they sold at the concession stand at the pool…
* using nail polish and markers to “paint” rocks with my friend Matthew (and trying to sell them to passers-by)…
* thinking that my Spiderman Big Wheel – with the permanent 55 mph speedometer reading --was the coolest thing I could ever have…
What about you? What from your early childhood do you recall?

No comments: