Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Butterfly

I went to pick up Jaiden from school the other day, and I couldn't spot her right away. I knew what she was wearing that day, but something was different....


Apparently, her entire class had a face-painting party, and Jaiden chose a butterfly! It turned out very cute. I felt bad that we had to scrub it off that evening before bed.

Of course, it's not at all surprising that Jaiden chose a butterfly. She's always liked them -- from the colorful nylon and wire butterflies that flutter from her bedroom ceiling to the real butterflies we recently watched change from tiny caterpillars. I guess Mommy has always liked them, too. Jaiden even wore butterfly wings in our wedding!

Jaiden is my little butterfly. She has grown and changed so much since the first day I saw her... and she's grown into a beautiful, bright little girl, who enjoys sitting around quietly just as much as she loves to flit and flutter around from one activity to the next.


"Love is like a butterfly: It goes wherever it pleases, and it pleases wherever it goes."
~Author Unknown


1 comment:

Rachel said...

TOO cute!!!