Monday, May 4, 2009

The Triumphant End of Baton

If you've followed my blog at all, you may have seen a few posts over the last 8 months or so about Jaiden and baton. Jaiden was pretty thrilled about taking baton this year -- mostly because her friends were there... and because they got to wear cute costumes. But she never really spent much time practicing at home. So I was never too sure of her interest.
Of course, she's talked repeatedly about basketball and about playing again next year. But I believe that this is the end of baton.
It was a good run.
And it ended with her recital last week... and with her very first trophy!
I was a bit anxious about the performance... mostly due to the lack of interest in practicing at home. But Jaiden did GREAT! I was so proud!
And since she told me after the recital that she isn't doing baton again next year, I suppose this is a very exciting conclusion to the baton era.









1 comment:

Rachel said...

She was right about one thing - those are very cute outfits!!! :)